Thursday, December 28, 2006

Battle Of The Sssss...Exes?


Content has been modified for clarity and in some cases to protect identities but it cracked me up so I'll share :P

Guy says: Why do people get so emotionally attached in SL?

Girl says: ::sigh::

Guy says: relationships don't work...they've never worked. I've not seen a one last more than 6 months...never, never ever. So why get that involved knowing this?

Girl says: Because.

Guy says: Right LOL

Girl says: do u regret the experiences you've been through? i don't… hard sometimes but still would rather have had the experiences… good mostly lol but along with that has to be the bad

Guy says: I don't either, but I also didn't get THAT attached to where I was an emotional wreck after it ended

Girl says: i have alot of friends who I consider "friends" rl and sl… is that “all wrapped up”?

Guy says: I don't think so...stays on plutonic level, so feelings stay at a certain distance

Girl says: well men and women are different relationship-wise anyhow rl and sl

Guy says: Very true

Girl says: "platonic"… I *do* believe that "plutonic" would mean of pluto

Guy says: I thought it was plutonic. Is it platonic?

Girl says: Yup

Girl says: i dunno unfair to assume everyone is gonna keep it purely platonic

Guy says: Well shit...I'd still keep it plutonic (distance)

Girl says: lmao

Girl says: If you put a lot into SL think about what it means to you

Guy says: SL relationships don't work, so don't bet on them… have fun with it while it happens, and if there's trouble, expect it, don't get crushed by it, and move on if it ends. You know what kind of relationships work? And the formula is so perfect... the male/male relationship

Guy says: one feels no NEED to be around the other, and vice versa...they see each ther when they both feel like it... he understands that the other is a busy guy and works alot, so he knows who he's getting involved with. He gives him all the space in the world, and it’s not abused

Girl says: so ur saying that men are perfect for each other because they are non needy or clingy… is that correct?

Guy says: Something like that

Girl says: Lol that was sarcasm

Guy says: Women need to understand that men have a cave that we like to dwell in, all by ourselves sometimes...just to do stupid shit. If women will let men play in the cave uninterrupted, relationships will work better

Girl says: do u think that all women neeeeeeed to be around their menfolk all the time or they go nuts? I found it perfect in sl when I got time for both

Guy says: Not all women, but most do

Girl says: friends and for my partner

Girl says: but it's hard to find a happy medium it's usually feast or famine

Guy says: It is

Girl says: either they are all over u or they have no time for u… women need to feel like they matter that's all

Guy says: But the thing that happens is, men will give them attention to make them feel like they matter, but the moment the man's attention is diverted, the women get pissed

Guy says: It's like, we give it all to you in the beginning, hoping you'll have a "reserve" to think back on when we finally get to a point to when we want some alone time, but women don't store the initial onslaught of affection...LOL

Girl says: Lmao it doesn't work that way

Guy says: No it doesn't

Girl says: lmfao

Guy says: But men do it time and time again, hoping it will work

Girl says: store it away for a rainy day?

Guy says: It's true though, right?

Girl says: suck it up and save it while u have the patience and desire to give it then horde it and pull it out when u've lost the interest to care?

Guy says: Yes

Girl says: so the loss of interest has to do simply with a lull in the relationship and not the fact that you've just lost interest totally?

Guy says: Exactly

Girl says: isn't there a way to have a happy medium all the way through? or like maybe the man hordes his attention so he can eek it out when things get duller?

Guy says: We put in overtime at the beginning, try to eliminate any doubts you may have...but it backfires because women think that pace needs to maintain, and once there's a slowdown in the pace, women think there's a problem...but it's really that men are tired...LOL

Girl says: lol

Guy says: We just need a time out NOW, if we men were smart, yes, we'd pace ourselves throughout

Girl says: but ur not so that point is moot ... is that what ur saying? we just have to accept it for what is?

Guy says: Yes… If you can understand that "theory", then relationships should run smoother

Guy says: Think about it, what happens when a woman says, "Honey, why don't you spend time with me"...the man replies, "Didn't we spend a lot of time together 2 weeks ago?"...again, we bombard you, then want a break

Girl says: but don't u see how a drop off in attention might indicate that you no longer have the same or any interest in the woman?

Guy says: I absolutely see it...and like I said, we men aren't smart...but we don't believe we're ever wrong, so this method works, it's just the woman doesn't understand it...LOL

Girl says: Lmao so no allowances should be given to help women out in this scenario? no clues or understanding?

Guy says: Well, I'm explaining it to you, aren't I? Spread the word… Be the gospel of truth

Girl says: wait wait lmao… shouldn't there be like an arbitration where both sides compromise?

Guy says: No...I have spoken, so it shall be

Girl says: like maybe both sides could agree to the meager eeking out of affection and attention

Guy says: Sure, you could do that, and couples have tried, and most have failed

Girl says: so that it will last the woman longer and she won't expect too much... and at the same time it won't wear out the man's tiny lil abilities… shit they fail this way too what's the diff?

Guy says: There is none...you're either blessed to have found that one that is compatible, or you're doomed

Girl says: and really ur right who cares if it fails? it's about the living not the living til our dying breath

Girl says: Omg it takes some work on both sides

Guy says: LOL

Girl says: so does friendship… so does any relationship worth having

Guy says: I know I know...yes, you can work at it, but there needs to be understanding, and most times one side doesn't understand the other

Girl says: U make me laugh… in ur theory women are supposed to warm their loneliest nights with the attention u meeted out at the beginning of the relationship

Guy says: Yes. I’m not saying it’s right… I’m saying it’s what we do

Girl says: Lol… here's the q

Girl says: when u no longer have the energy to give the attention or the interest... isn't that the end? or is it trully just a break?

Guy says: No...it's breaktime

Girl says: lmao

Guy says: Lemme go goof off for a bit, get some energy back

Girl says: so attention will return one day if we don't beat u out of interest before that can happen?

Guy says: Exactly

Guy says: "What's wrong?"..."NOTHING!" We mean that...nothing's wrong LOL

Girl says: Omg men are psychos

Guy says: We are

Girl says: u act the same day in day out… it goes on for a couple weeks… then BAM… u change and WE are wrong to ask what's wrong

Guy says: Well, we tell you we need a break...but you don't understand it and think there's something wrong with you, or there's another woman, etc.

Girl says: what exactly is it that you need a break from? just all that work u did PAYING ATTENTION?

Guy says: Yes… we exhausted ourselves with showering you with attention. We feel you owe us a break… We gave you what you wanted, now give us what we want...and when you don't, we get angry and mad

Guy says: Can you see any of this playing out in your past relationships?

Girl says: Uhhhm yeah

Guy says: So, makes sense to you, or maybe not makes sense, but you see how it CAN be what's happened

Girl says: of course i see how it can be what happens/happened… point is do u think it's possible for people to rethink their original strategy

Guy says: I absolutely think both parties should, but the point is they don't

Girl says: and that's that?

Guy says: No...it's up to the individual to determine how much they'll sway from their strategy

Girl says: do u know what the definition of insanity is?

Guy says: Yes

Guy says: But is it really that far fetched what I've explained?

Girl says: not at all… that's not my argument… that it’s far fetched

Guy says: It makes total sense to me

Girl says: my argument is that YOU (meaning men) need to rethink… cuz us hibernating on initial attention is a bizarro idea

Guy says: Now see, that's exactly what I'm talking about...it becomes one sided...YOU should change...no, YOU should change...well, both need change… you just demonstrated why it never works...LOL

Girl says: lol shush

Guy says: HAHAHAHA!

Girl says: I'm just talking about that one part of it

Girl says: ok ok I admit it's unrealistic to me that a man would expect a woman to just go along with that… makes much more sense that he HE HE would work on spreading that out… lol

Guy says: Of course it's unrealistic...but it's no more unrealistic that you refuse us a day or two to just be by ourselves

Girl says: funny thing is u keep rolling up those days once we fuck up and ask too much

Guy says: LOL

Girl says: like... for instance u say I need a day to myself… let’s say it’s Tuesday

Girl says: we say omg what's wrong why do u need this day off? so we done and fucked it up

Guy says: Yep

Girl says: so now u say omg I need wednesday now

Guy says: If women would just say, "Okay...have fun. Can't wait to see you when you get back.", it'd be all gravy

Girl says: and on weds we say "what's wrong" u reply "NOTHING!" Now we've fooked up wednesday too… so before u know it u got a week where man and woman are at odds

Guy says: Yep

Girl says: and he still hasn't had that much needed break

Guy says: If the guy asks for a day, DON'T expect him to be back the next day...he'll stay away as long as he needs to until he feels refreshed...but don't fret, if you're good to him, he will return...the more days he's away, the better it is when he returns

Girl says: essentially we are just at odds

Girl says: I'm thinking how that would feel to me… I'm thinking I'd be full of what have I dones? and is it overs?

Guy says: You see, during the break, not only are we re-energizing, but we're building our desire to be with you at the same time

Guy says: Hey, you eat pizza every day for a month, you're gonna get sick of eating pizza

Girl says: or ur desire to be free of us or be with someone else… thinking "mannnn this is good times without her around"

Guy says: And if that's the case, it was never meant to be. See? If that man keeps coming back after his break, you KNOW you've done good...the boy can't get enough

Girl says: Ugh… ur right men and women don't mesh…

Guy says: We really don't It's two different mindsets

Guy says: I'm not a jealous guy, remember

Girl says: especially well into a relationship where as you put it a guy feels the need to get his girl to dip into her treasure trove of old attention

Guy says: That's how we roll

Girl says: u know… u and i would have worked better if u had told me u were just worn out giving me attention and u needed a break lol

Guy says: No it wouldn't have! You'd have questioned it...LOL

Girl says: nuh uh not if u explained it that way

Guy says: I explained it all just now and you STILL said that men were...lemme scroll up

Girl says: instead of just ranting on about how i sucked all ur time from u

Guy says: “Girl says: my argument is that YOU (meaning men) need to rethink” “Girl says:

cuz us hibernating on initial attention is a bizarro idea”

Girl says: no no u can't get off the hook with that… were talking totally out of any personal responsibility and we're theorizing. is not the same as going through it when u just have no interest and say omg u are an attention and time sucker! lol

Guy says: Well, you need a lot of attention, and I just couldn't keep up...wasn't fair to either of us

Girl says: overall u were a good bf

Guy says: I know I was! I kicked ass

Girl says: omg lol

Guy says: LOL

Guy says: And yes, you were a good gf

Girl says: lol i didn't ask

Guy says: No, just stating it

Girl says: well ok i wondered

Guy says: HAHAHA!

Girl says: i was just a time sucker... and u had already done the time

Guy says: I know! Was I ever gonna get a break?

Girl says: omg!

Guy says: LOL

Girl says: if u had explained it with a lil more sensitivity than "you suck up all my time and I can't even play with my strippers and my friends!"

Guy says: LMAO...I did not say that!

Girl says: lol u didn't have to

Guy says: You deciphered it as such...I'm much more sensitive than that

Girl says: "sensitive"...

Guy says: Yes...I'm as fragile as a baby dear

Girl says: "u would not be ok with me saying I'm just gonna go play with my friends"

Girl says: i saved the notecards! I know!

Guy says: HAHAHA!

Girl says: kidding! Lol i just remember

Guy says: I didn't say it like that..you interpreted them like that

Girl says: Pffft how did u say it then?

Guy says: I...don't remember, but I know it was with less abrasion

Girl says: i don't remember… convenient

Guy says: Oh wait...wasn't it that we needed some time apart, but YOU went off and found someone else! That's right!

Girl says: only because u called me a time sucking leech lol

Guy says: I said no such thing

Girl says: and all u ever talked about was that damned club! I came in a far off second! lol

Guy says: No you didn't

Girl says: u know I'm messing with u

Guy says: I know...LOL The great thing is, we're still great friends afterwards, and that's what counts

Girl says: i agree. ur a good guy… I don't care what anyone else says

Guy says: What do you mean what anyone else says?!? What are they saying? I think most people think I'm gay O.o

Guy says: Don't avoid the question...what is the consensus?!?

Girl says: well… I don't really think it's important what others think

Guy says: Well, yeah it is...to a degree...and what do they think...or is it specifically a few individuals

Girl says: Lol I'm teasing u… all I hear is what a great guy u are and “omg he’s hot!”

Guy says: LMAO

Girl says: never heard ur gay… well would it quell ur fear of being perceived as gay if I told u...

Girl says: that I was copying and pasting our entire convo today in my blog? lol

Guy says: You are not!

3 comments:

♥ JellyBean Madison ♥ said...

LMFAO! I love the title... Rosie you're so witty. hehe

You know... sadly... I agree with the "guy" on a lot of points. I understand that guys need their "them" time & I personally don't want 100% attention ALL the time day in & day out. OMG! That would be the death of tringo & my shopping trips! *faints* And oh the noes... when would I find the time to blog? Jinkies! I wouldn't even have anything to blog about! Haha!

Here's how I see it, have your "you" time & give me "me" time & when we can, a cuddle here & there & I'm purring like kitten... This is only going on the basis of a mutual understanding of course. It doesn't work so well if the other person, regardless of gender, is needy & clingy.

Shuddup! I'm working on it. :p

Point is... if you feel the need to make someone your everything, all you do is end up with nothing. That's my theory and so far it's proven true. So nyah nyah!

P.s. I make little sense at 2 am AND Can I get word verification right the first 4 times? *scampers off to bed*

Anonymous said...

Very interesting theory. Some parts of it sound logical, other parts sound crazy. Maybe it's time I get an alt and test the theory.

HeatherFev21 said...

Well yeah, after reading this it's totally my desicion never go get into another 16mth sl relationship as long as I live, I am guilty (as I think we all know :P) of doin all of this and what jelly said and now...

Time for teh fun!