Sunday, October 21, 2007

KSU Diaries: Homesick


Seems like my first few days at Kindly have flown by in a blur. Which, I guess I should be thankful for. Now that I've had a chance to slow down and take it all in, I'm not sure how 'at home' I feel here yet. It's a far cry from sunny california, and it's lovely to be able to see the seasons changing and feel winter coming on. I know I'm in for much more dramatic weather than I experienced while growing up in the California sunshine.

Although I couldn't make the trip with Jelly and Aka, I'm happy to report that I was able to secure my room to share with Jell. Of course, leave it to Jelly and Aka... they did their part to make me feel welcome upon my arrival with posters plastered on *my* side of the room of Erkel and Screech. Bitches! Paybacks, that's all I'm sayin.

I don't know why I'd describe this feeling as being homesick. What's to miss? My bestest friends ever are here with me! Sure there's no mom and dad, but really,.. YAY for that :D It's just that it's not the same as highschool, and I'm not sure whether or not that's a good thing yet. The girls here all seem so much older. Everyone seems really nice and I look forward to meeting lots of new people. I have worked so hard for the last couple years to save up the money to go away to school, so I'm really looking forward to this year! I still have to work to be able to keep up with everything going on here, which totally sucks! Already I missed the Harvest Festival this weekend. It hasn't been until just now that I've been able to really spend any time with my friends or start unpacking! One thing's for sure! I'm going to need alot more winter clothes! Ooooh, shopping!

No comments: